Welcome to the Stilettos and Style blogspot.

I hope you enjoy your visit. If you are inspired by beautiful shoes, purses, decor and Paris, then by all means, read on.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 4, 2010

Bonne annee mon cher Paris!

My darling Paris, bonne et heureuse annee is what I say! Just think Paris - 2010 has descended upon us which can only mean - the future is now and our time together will be fast approaching. Now that the absessed molar situation is almost under control, I can refocus my thoughts from antibiotics and narcotics to flight tickets and hotel bookings. The Paris fund is steadily growing thanks to the forget family and the mass of change they leave behind in their dirty laundry pockets. The New Year is always exciting - fresh of new ideas, projects, resolutions, and the one I know I will follow through on this year, my dearest Paris, is to finally meet. I will embrace you my Paris, I promise. With sorrow and grief having been on the menu this past year, my thoughts have shifted to the making and breaking of plans. How tomorrow may never come, how someday may never arrive and how today is our one and only. Therefore my dear Paris, this is why I am determined to refrain from any further frivolous spending. For example, there is no need for yet another zebra chair, another black and white rug, nor another art deco lamp. My focus is as good as tunnel vision. All I see now as I peruse the aisles of my beloved Home Sense is the Eiffel Tower, the Paris Flea Market, and my once in a lifetime Chanel suit purchase.

Life is short my dear Paris, although you need not worry about that - for you will live on forever. Yes love, romance, and much laughter are on the agenda for 2010 and Paris, only you can help deliver those goods. My suitcases are just about packed, and the fact that I've had to go out and buy more underwear to wear until we meet, well, consider that a purchase of necessity. One can't start off a fresh New Year without fresh new foundation garments is what I say!

It's a shame husband still refuses to make the change from brief to fitted boxer - far more attractive, as I repeatedly tell him, briefs belong on boys and old men in nursing homes. Am I being too harsh, too unfair, too meddling, my dear Paris? Should a wife keep her nose out of her husband's briefs? Why that would be the best piece of advice I could ever offer a young bride. If in doubt about the briefs or boxers one just found lying on the floor haphazardly, simply toss them in the dirty laundry and do not bother checking if they are fresh. No good could come of that scenario is what I say! Well Paris, amid all of the excitement of planning my trip, I notice I am rambling about mundane domestic goings on. Best to focus on the love, romance and laughter and leave the mundane daily routines to the mundane people. You and I are free spirits my dear Paris. Like young lovers, I am counting down the days until we are together. Au revoir mon Paris, je t'aime beaucoup. Attends-moi - j'arrive

1 comment:

  1. It will be great to watch Cher, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Cher-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Quebec City

Quebec City
Will have to do until Paris....

Favourite reads

  • The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  • Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
  • The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Sallinger
  • A Widow for A Year by John Irving
  • Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci
  • Snow Falling on Cedars by David Gutterson
  • The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dupuis III
  • Back Roads by Tawny O'dell
  • I know this much is true by Wally Lamb
  • A million little pieces by James Frey
  • A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
  • Awake and Dreaming by Kit Pearson