Welcome to the Stilettos and Style blogspot.

I hope you enjoy your visit. If you are inspired by beautiful shoes, purses, decor and Paris, then by all means, read on.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 13, 2009

Bon giorno and welcome to my very first blog posting. Most exciting is what I say! It is Friday the 13th and I am racking my brain wondering what kind of shoe does one wear on this, Friday the 13th? The classic black stiletto pump comes to mind, although with this cough and cold I've been battling, the old bod would be far more content to slip into a pair of fuzzy slippers. Perhaps I'll save the stiletto pumps for the trip to the grocery store later. For now, I will succumb to the thirsty terry cloth bathrobe, flannel pyjamas, and fuzzy slippers - the perfect companions of the cup of herbal tea with lemon and honey. Time to take up residence by the sunny window watching the last of the Century maple leaves fall, while the kittens purr on my lap. Something tells me I may well be on my way to frittering the day away. Happily, I am not too under the weather to browse the many blog sites featuring beautiful homes. Can you imagine spending a quiet Friday any other way? Oh bliss is I! No doctor's appointments for Ma and Pop, no toilet paper sales, no cheese-buying trips to Costoc, no olive oil or pasta sales. Yes, today has officially been named "Dosolina's Day". I bid you farewell dear readers and friends. Please take care - love yourself, pamper yourself, and remember, tomorrow is another day to wear stilettos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quebec City

Quebec City
Will have to do until Paris....

Favourite reads

  • The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  • Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
  • The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Sallinger
  • A Widow for A Year by John Irving
  • Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci
  • Snow Falling on Cedars by David Gutterson
  • The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dupuis III
  • Back Roads by Tawny O'dell
  • I know this much is true by Wally Lamb
  • A million little pieces by James Frey
  • A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
  • Awake and Dreaming by Kit Pearson