Welcome to the Stilettos and Style blogspot.

I hope you enjoy your visit. If you are inspired by beautiful shoes, purses, decor and Paris, then by all means, read on.
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Paris Apartment on a dreary November day

Buon Giorno,
come stai oggi? It's cloudy out there today and I couldn't be happier. This is the perfect kind of Sunday afternoon to stay inside and continue with my fall project of converting every room in my home into my dream "Paris Apartment". Paris, I do miss you, every day in fact. Even though I have only visited you in my dreams, I am counting down the days until we meet again - in reality. In the meantime, my Paris Piggybank is growing thanks to the accumulation of change I am finding in the hundreds of articles of laundry that pass through these chafed hands every day. No need to share this info with the husband and the children is what I say. I promise to send them my very best from the top of the Eiffel Tower. "I'll wave to you children! I promise!!"
With Paris on my mind every waking moment, I have already purchased my Christmas present from dear husband and the young brood - the gorgeous burgundy faux-croc patent travel bag. It brings a whole new meaning to "carry on" luggage. It's already packed with my Paris essentials - including the husband's credit cards. I ask you, what is the purpose of hiding one's credit cards in a safety deposit box - you'll never get to use them that way! And by the time you decide to, you have to find that dreaded silly-shaped key and make a trip to the bank. Why a girl could very well talk herself out of any purchse after going through all of that red tape. Not to mention the tedious "hellos and how are you's" to every person along the way to that vault. All of that idle chit chat is downright exhausting! I need to save every ounce of energy for my beloved Paris. Now, back to my Paris Apartment decor. Thanks to the discovery of some fabulous decorating blog spots that I must share with you, my dear friends and readers, I have been broadsided with a ton of inspiration that has already had me covert the living room into a library/office/music room, the kitchen into a french bistro, the family room into a french cafe lounge, and the dining room is prepped for a fresh coat of paint and new trim work. Thank heavens for weekend-long out of town hockey tournaments is what I say! I just detest explaining my decorating madness to the family. Although, I have noticed the new updates have earned me some much-needed respect and admiration from the children. They have commented that their home is practically "old lady furniture free!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quebec City

Quebec City
Will have to do until Paris....

Favourite reads

  • The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  • Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
  • The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Sallinger
  • A Widow for A Year by John Irving
  • Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci
  • Snow Falling on Cedars by David Gutterson
  • The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dupuis III
  • Back Roads by Tawny O'dell
  • I know this much is true by Wally Lamb
  • A million little pieces by James Frey
  • A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
  • Awake and Dreaming by Kit Pearson